In no particular order:
- Jot Form is a website that lets you use their pre-designed templates to complete different types of forms you might need for projects or business needs. Templates include things like job applications, scholarship applications, registration forms, membership forms, contact forms, etc. Templates can be modified regularly, and the website is user-friendly for those technologically-challenged, like me.
- Soledad O’Brien will speak at the University of Houston’s Rockwell Lecture Series on Leadership and Ethics on October 12, 2018.
- Pinterest groups are supposed to be one of the most useful tools for generating traffic to your blog.
- Steven Seagal was appointed by Russia as a Special Envoy to improve relations between Russia and the U.S.
- The UNO Press Publishing Lab is requesting submissions for unpublished books and short story collections. There are no genre or word restrictions. Submissions must be received by August 15, 2018. The winner will receive a $1,000 advance and a publishing contract.
- If you’re a first time borrower from Lending Club, you can’t be approved for a second loan while you still have a balance on your first loan—even if you’ve been making consistent payments.
- BCycle is Houston’s bike share program, and it began in 2012. There are 60 stations throughout central Houston that hold approximately 430 bikes total. You can download the app to purchase a membership and to check out bikes. There are rates for walk-ups and rates for monthly or annual memberships.
- If your driver’s license is lost or stolen, you should file a police report. In Houston, you should call 713-884-3131 to file this report. The receiver will take down your information, and you should receive a call back within the hour to file the actual report. You typically must wait between 5-7 business days to receive a copy of the report.
- In 1995, Robert Di Niro and Al Pacino starred in a movie together called Heat. For decades, I’ve been confusing them for each other!
What did you learn this week that you didn’t know before?